Thursday, September 30, 2010

Eat your heart out, Pumpkin Spice Latte

Once upon a time I would get excited when September came and my favourite coffee shop brought back the Pumpkin Spice Latte. These days, a coffee with any other ingredient besides the nectar of the gods isn't really my cup of tea. But the idea of a pumpkin beverage sounds delicious!

Last night, as I'm reading the edible perspective, I learn that I'm not the only one. Pumpkin smoothies! What a great idea! I fell asleep with thoughts of orange gooey goodness.

What went in the blender this morning:

1 frozen banana
1 cup pure pumpkin (canned, I wasn't excited enough to stay up and cook a pumpkin last night)
3/4 cup almond milk
spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
a spoonful of sucanat

Thick! Spicy! Perfect for fall! Yum! Pumpkin smoothies are definitely going to be a part of my daily routine this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment